Personas put you in your users’ frame of mind. When making decisions around nomenclature (e.g. labels and terminology), taxonomy (e.g. classification of content), task-flow, content and functionality, personas help you evaluate your options through the same set of considerations that will inform your key users’ relationship with your digital property.
Our persona development framework incorporates the following five dimensions:
- Demographic – Who are the users?
- Technographic – What are the users trying to accomplish?
- Attitudinal – What goals drive users’ behaviours?
- Behavioural – What do users do?
- Cognitive – How do users think?
Unlike a purely qualitative approach to persona development, we include a quantitative layer in the process which allows us to:
- identify key user segments and constituent personas
- prioritize personas, based on market-share and impact-analysis
- identify design and functional requirements for each dominant persona