Our competitive landscape reviews of competitor digital properties determines “best in class” sites, based on those aspects or features of interest most relevant to your business. Our process involves:
- Determination of relevant sites and properties – In consultation with the project team, we determine the relevant competitor Web sites and/or mobile properties.
- Development of the comparison matrix – Relying on the experience we have gathered over hundreds of tests of user-centred interfaces, we assemble an appropriate set of usability metrics (e.g. ‘discoverability’, ‘comprehensiveness’, etc.), and related best practices. We then map this set of metrics against constituent criteria and measurable items of interest, to develop a customized evaluation matrix.
- Expert review – Using the metrics as evaluation criteria, and best practices as benchmarks, Phase 5 UX’s Expert Reviewers provide ratings for each item of interest, calculate averages for each broader item category, and create an overall super-matrix highlighting the ‘best in class’ websites for each item and category.
- Identification of best practices for emulation – In addition to identifying best-in-class sites and applications, we provide you with a report that identifies specific features and practices that can be incorporated into your website or mobile property, to help you achieve your business and UX objectives.
Expert design reviews allow you to tap into our extensive knowledge of user-centric design. By having us evaluate your product or service, we can provide rapid and immediate recommendations to address barriers affecting its usability and potential adoption. Our experience from having observed thousands of interactions between users and interfaces along with our ability to apply standard usability principles ensures that the feedback you receive is unbiased and backed by research.
An expert design review can be applied to:
- Desktop and mobile websites and applications to quickly identify usability showstoppers to make your application easier to use.
- Wearable technology & consumer products (e.g., smart watches, home monitoring systems, desktop phones, etc.) by having us provide ergonomics and human factors advice on the interaction between users and the interface.
- Prototypes of varying levels of fidelity to evaluate and provide guidance related to wireframes, navigation ideas and the information architecture.
Our expert design review is an ideal way to carry out a low-cost first assessment/evaluation of your product and obtain unbiased third party feedback. The specific usability findings that you will receive will include issues, strengths and recommendations that can allow you to focus on key objectives and help to prioritize subsequent design and research activities.